The Compassionate Friends is about transforming the pain of grief into the elixir of hope. It takes people out of the isolation society imposes on the bereaved and lets them express their grief naturally. With the shedding of tears, healing comes. And the newly bereaved get to see people who have survived and are learning to live and love again.”
–Simon Stephens, founder of The Compassionate Friends
South Bay/L. A. Chapter Meeting Information
415 Paseo Del Mar, Palos Verdes, CA
First Wednesday of each month
7 to 9:00 PM
◦ We are not affiliated with any church or religion.
◦ We serve the South Bay area primarily, but all are welcome.
◦ There is no charge to attend meetings or to receive the monthly newsletter, however, donations are welcome.
◦ Everything that is said in our meetings is strictly confidential.
◦ Everyone has the freedom to speak or to just listen, as they prefer.
◦ Meetings are for adults and teenagers only. The meeting discussion content is not appropriate for younger children.
Directions: Pacific Coast Hwy. to Palos Verdes Blvd., (this becomes Palos Verdes Drive West). Go just past Malaga Cove Plaza and turn right on Via Corta. Go down the hill to Arroyo (stop sign), turn right and go to end. Turn left on Paseo Del Mar and continue to church parking lot on your right. (see also map available at top of this page)
Meetings are held in a meeting room at the west end of the church. There will be signs to direct you on the church grounds.